We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Technology Center, Process Modeling and Control Department (PMC), is supporting Yara’s production plants around the world. To support Yara’s growth strategy we are engaged in plant support projects, process model developments and advanced process control implementations. The PMC department uses and is responsible for simulation tools in Yara including Aspen Plus, Aspen Hysys and Fluent. We also use Matlab and software for model predictive control.
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational team of dynamic and skilled people in a growth environment.
The summer student project will be a continuation of a project that laid the ground work on ammonia reactions. This year’s project is to expand on this previous work, by investigating more complex system using CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and use the results to come up with recommendations for improvement in Yara’s factories. The project will include:
- Complex 3D geometry generation
- Mesh generation
- Running simulations with reactive single or multiphase flows
- Results analysis
- Report of results and present the findings at the end of the project
- Good 3D special awareness when using 2D drawings
- The student should have completed three years of studies at university level in Chemical Engineering or similar
- The student should have a chemical engineering background with chemical reaction module in her/his studies
- Knowledge of CFD modeling tools with reactions will be an advantage
- Advantage if familiar with and has used “ANSYS CFD”, “ANSYS SpaceClaim”, “ANSYS Chemkin” and AUTODESK INVENTOR
- The student should be a team player, but still be prepared to work independently
- Fluent in English
Working period is from the middle of June for a duration of 8 weeks.