We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Technology Center, Process Modeling and Control Department (PMC), is supporting Yara’s production plants around the world. To support Yara’s growth strategy we are engaged in plant support projects, process model developments and advanced process control implementations. The PMC department uses and is responsible for simulation tools in Yara including Aspen Plus, Aspen Hysys and Fluent. We also use Matlab and software for model predictive control.
You will have the opportunity to work in a multinational team of dynamic and skilled people in a growth environment.
Simulation in Aspen Hysys of ammonia front-end feed system to technical ammonium nitrate (TAN) plant. The project will be split in several milestones:
- Evaluation of thermodynamic models
- Evaluation of process equipment models
- Evaluation of existing control structure
- Evaluation of control loop tuning parameters
- The student should have completed three years of studies at university level in Chemical Engineering or similar
- The student should have a chemical engineering background with chemical reaction module in her/his studies
- Knowledge of Aspen Hysys will be an advantage
- Competence on and interest for process control
- The student should be a team player, but still be prepared to work independently
- Fluent in English
Working period is from the middle of June for a duration of 8 weeks.