We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Logistics and Supply Specialist
An opportunity exists for an experienced Logistics and Supply Specialist based in North Sydney. The successful candidate will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and will manage the transport and supply requirements for Yara Crop Nutrition.
As part of the Supply Chain function your primary responsibilities will be:
- Management and coordinating of all shipments of raw and finished goods
- Coordinate stock movements
- Ensure efficient and cost effective supply to customers
- Manage warehouse and transport issues
- Support and contribute to the continuous improvement of the logistics, sourcing and distribution model in Australia
- Comply with all Australian handling, storage and shipping regulations
- Ensure compliance to Yara safety rules and regulations
- Sourcing and management of warehouse and transport providers
- Placement and management of purchase orders for supply chain processes
- Monitoring and proactive communication regarding shipment schedules and possible delays or concerns
- Ability to work across the different functions of the department, including; demand and inventory planning, customer service, logistics coordination, procurement and sourcing
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Degree or equivalent would be advantageous
- NSW Drivers Licence
- Experience using Excel and electronic warehousing systems
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Candidates must have unrestricted work rights in NSW to be eligible for this position.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date.