We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Maritime Transport Management team in Europe organizes, administers and follows up vessel and container transports of raw material for Yara production sites in Europe and finished products (Own or Third Party Product) loaded in Europe for Yara or to customers. The unit belongs to Transport & Operations Management Europe which is part of the Supply Chain Europe Organization of Yara.
The Supply Chain segment in Yara is in a transformation journey which aims to transform Yara’s global supply chain and transition the company towards a more process oriented global approach.
Based at our Pocklington site the position holder will manage a small team of Transport Coordinators and will report to the Maritime Transport Manager - Containers who is based in Sweden.
The Pocklington business is a leader in the manufacture and marketing of foliar & micronutrients (liquids & powders) for use in agriculture worldwide and has an ambitious grown objective for the YaraVita global business.
- To manage the work & development of the Transport Coordinators and overall team performance
- Management and optimization of container freight and transport for Yara Pocklington & Yara UK's YaraVita business
- Set and manage KPI’s in line with Business Plan
- Manage the team to efficiently create shipment plans for delivery and raw materials, manage and monitor container transportation from Pocklington securing on-time execution
- Manage booking of containers and coordination of the shipment towards the freight forwarders and/or container shipping lines
- Develop and improve export administration process flow and ensure on time creation of documentation related to Transport, such as delivery and export documents
- Manage freight payment process and ensure on-time payment
- Maintain a close collaboration with stakeholders
- Complaint handling related to transport
- Ensure regulatory obligations are in compliance with all regulatory agencies including dangerous goods. Ensure the Maritime Transport Management function meets Yara’s safety rules and the needs of the business.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Logistics Management or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience from working with logistics and container operations, including adapting container transport legislation.
- Knowledge of ADR, IMDG and VGM regulations is essential.
- High IT competence, preferably from working with Business Objects, SAP and Microsoft Office packages.
- Efficient and have the ability to adapt to new situations and work effectively, under pressure, in a changing environment.
- Team player with a strong drive towards delivery and finding constructive solutions to solve problems.
- Leadership soft skills, motivated and having the drive to make a difference.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wanting to be part of this organizational change and help to drive and implement the new Supply Chain processes and ways of working to improve the competitiveness of Yara’s Supply Chain. If you would like to work in a global business environment we look forward to receiving your application.
For successful candidates 1st Interviews will be 24th January & 2nd Interviews on 31st January.