We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara is looking for a highly motivated agricultural professional, that is both strategically focused and a team player. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and able to work undirected, being willing and able to fully integrate within the established team. The candidate must possess a strong desire to succeed and be able and willing to take on additional responsibility and lead strategic growth projects as the need arises.
Reporting to the VP, Sales Western US, the Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining Yara’s current key accounts and supporting sales growth of Yara’s mainstream products and select premium products in the region. The regional manager will be responsible for ensuring key business objectives are met and are in-line with Yara’s growth plans and expectations within the assigned territory: South California, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado.
- Communicate agronomic and economic benefits of YARA products to distributors, dealers, growers and university personnel involved in the crop production or research
- Fully understand and effectively match customer needs with company products and services
- Market product at the highest possible return within specified parameters
- Communicate and coordinate market and pricing information with VP Sales and Marketing, Western Region
- Communicate conditions of sales to customer service and operations and ensure the successful fulfillment of all internal and external sales obligations
- Develop opportunities for market differentiation of Yara’s portfolio with a focus on “value added” marketing of Premium Offerings
- Prioritize customer calls, establishing business partners, providing timely follow-up to customer calls/requests and special attention to prompt resolution of customer complaints or concerns
- Assist in inventory management with accurate sales forecasts, which are updated monthly with specific information from each region based on current and future customer needs accounting for previous sales
- Bachelor degree in Agronomy or an Ag related field. Master is an advantage
- 5 years working experience in commercial positions in similar industries and territory, preferably with value added fertilizers exposure
- CCA (Certified Crop Advisor) is preferred
- Understanding of production agriculture in Western US
- Strong commercial forecasting skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident