We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
CFO Production supports the Executive Vice President heading the Production segment. Production is the operational segment responsible for large-scale production in Yara, with 30 sites in 16 countries across the world, providing the foundation for Yara’s fertilizer and industrial solutions. The Segment has approximately 7000 employees, is responsible for gross invested capital of NOK 110 billion, and is currently going through a large scale operational improvement program.
A major part of CFO Production’s role is to be a sparring partner for the Segment Head and to independently drive relevant parts of the segment’s improvement program. CFO Production is also the coordinating link between the Production segment, central expert organizations and other segments. The position reports administratively to the Yara CFO but works closely with the Production management and units and is part of the Production management team.
- Proactively supporting/driving improvement projects in close cooperation with the Segment head
- Driving process simplification
- Measuring and following up performance
- Business planning
- Investment and project evaluation
- Segment risk management
- Internal and external reporting for the segment
- Follow up on Internal Audit process for segment
- University degree, preferably in engineering or finance
- Analytical ability combined with practical approach
- Good cross-cultural communication skills
- Ability and will to take independent action to drive better performance and ensure progress across the Segment
- Experience with change and project management
- Good understanding of business processes and process improvement
- Experience from line organization, controlling or other financial background and project management is an advantage
- Proven track record in working across units and cultures
- Fluent in English, written and oral
This position is based in Oslo and requires some international travel. An international assignment contract can be considered for the right candidate.