We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Climate change is affecting our way of life. The world’s population continues to increase. We have more mouths to feed, limited land to farm and resources are scarce.
Yara’s mission is to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods.
Grow with us and make a difference!
About the program
Our two-year trainee program offers you the perfect start into the business world. Together with more than 10 other trainees, you will begin the journey on 1 September 2018 and directly contribute to Yara’s success in projects and daily operations.
Three months before the end of the program, we will discuss the next position with you, taking your strengths and preferences into account.
Yara Production is currently rolling out one of the most ambitious transformation and improvement programs in the history of Norwegian industry. We are implementing a Lean-based productivity system (YPS), focused on transforming the way we work while leveraging our broad knowledge base and competencies and translating created ideas into long term value creations.
As a Trainee in this area , you will work with a dedicated team of Lean experts and be a part of the YPS roll-out effort in Yara Production, encompassing about 7,000 employees located in 14 different countries around the world. You will get to know 3 areas of our business and spend several months each, for example,
- within the YPS team - working with the Global Change Leaders to build, implement and sustain Yara Productivity System in our global factories
- in a Crop Nutrition unit in Brazil or South-America - working alongside our colleagues implementing and developing the Lean-based system for material handling units
- in a commercial role in our Industrial Segment
- MSc/PhD in Engineering and/or Business Administration, preferably within chemical, mechanical or energy disciplines with max. 3 years of working experience
- Experience and/or competency in the Lean methodology and continuous improvement methodologies, with a keen interest in productivity improvements
- Excellent communication skills and being comfortable working with people on all levels in an organization
- Strong commitment to ethical and safe behavior
- High degree of personal drive and curiosity
- Positive and collaborative attitude with the ability to work across cultures
- Global mindset and long-term commitment to relocate internationally
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Portuguese or Spanish is a strong asset
The recruitment process for this particular program will be run in partnership with Careers Internationals
If you would like to know more about our Graduate Program you can also visit https://onedaywith.com/yara-graduate-programme/homepage.html