We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Ammonia Operations Lead - 2 Year Fixed
An opportunity exists for an experienced Ammonia Operations Lead to be a part of a dynamic Operations Team within a leading global chemical company based in Karratha, Western Australia. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience operating a KBR purifier ammonia plant. The ability to take control of plant upsets as well as develop, coach and train process plant technicians in ammonia production methodologies are essential to be successful in this role.
As key part of the Operations team, your primary responsibilities will be:
- Possess an open and positive attitude and the ability to communicate and interact with personnel from different cultures and disciplines.
- Conduct and oversee DCS Panel Operations to ensure the best possible response to improving steady operations and reacting to plant upsets.
- Ensure compliance with operational methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with work instructions and Standard Operating Conditions and Limits.
- Ensure compliance with plant safety and housekeeping requirements
- Promote a safe work culture
- Minimum five years' experience as a DCS Panel operator in a KBR Purifier or Braun Purifier Ammonia Plant
- Strong technical expertise complemented by excellent interpersonal and management skills.
- Proficient in English both spoken and written
- Certificate III or IV in Process Operations, Chemical Engineering Technician Diploma or higher in Process Plant Operations or equivalent, in addition to having demonstrable capabilities and understanding of the principles and control of, utility and Ammonia/Petrochemical plant and equipment will be highly regarded
- Strong mentoring, coaching and training experience of process plant technicians
- Intermediate Fire-fighting/BA/Hazmat training advantageous
- Incident commander training advantageous
- Knowledge of Emergency Management Systems and adept in handling emergency situations.
- Fluent in written and verbal English
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.
Advertisement closing date is the 24th December 2017 (we reserve the right to close this advertisement before the closing date).