We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer
An opportunity exists for an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer for a residential position based in Karratha, Western Australia. This is an opportunity to be part of the Maintenance and Reliability team working across Ammonia, Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate production plants. This position has ownership and accountability for ensuring the availability and optimal operation of Yara's Rotating Equipment assets at Yara Pilbara. The Yara Pilbara Plant a number of large turbo machinery trains comprising of Steam Turbines, Air Compressors, Process Gas Compressor, generators and Hot Gas Expanders. We also have a large variety of Pumps, Blowers, Fan , Agitators and other general Rotating Machinery. All equipment is typically maintained in house.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As part of the Maintenance Team, you will report to the Maintenance Superintendent. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Publish Work Procedures, Inspection and Test Plans for Turbo Machinery and General Rotating Equipment overhauls
- Supervise Overhauls of Rotating Machinery, signing off Inspection and Test Plans ensuring quality of work;
- Provide advice to Yara Personnel as the Subject Matter Expert on all rotating machines on site;
- Ensure Yara Technical Operating Procedure compliance and Industry Best Practice with regards to Rotating Equipment;
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis investigations and publish reports relating to breakdowns and lapses in machine reliability;
- Lead Condition Monitoring programs for Rotating Equipment (Vibration, Tribology and Thermography) and ensure their effective input into site Systematic Maintenance practices;
- Oversee Vibration Analysis program on site
- Apply Rotor Dynamics principals to diagnose complex issues on Turbomachinery;
- Conduct training for Engineers and Technicians in Rotating Equipment Maintenance and Reliability;
- Assist SAP Specialist to optimise maintenance and spares data;
- Directly manage Critical Rotating Equipment spares across the site to ensure their availability and quality when required
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a similar industry (Petrochemical, Gas Processing or Oil Refining) as a Rotating Equipment Engineer
- Professional Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia (MIAust)
- Strong SAP skills are a distinct advantage
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office suite experience
- Sound teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to quality
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.