We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries.
Senior Static Equipment Engineer - 12 Month - Fixed Term
An opportunity exists for an experienced Static Mechanical Engineer for a residential position based in Karratha, Western Australia. This is an opportunity to be part of the Maintenance team working across Nitric Acid and Ammonium Nitrate production plants. This position has ownership and accountability for ensuring the availability and optimum operation of Static Equipment assets at Yara Pilbara. The Static Equipment Engineer provides technical input and guidance around Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers and Complex Process Piping. They will also be supporting a bulk materials plant providing input to the maintenance and reliability of conveyor belts, bucket elevators and their associated equipment.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As part of the Maintenance Team, you will report to the Maintenance Superintendent. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Supervise overhauls and projects for Static Equipment, signing off Inspection and Test Plans and ensuring quality of work;
- Provide advice to Yara Personnel as the Subject Matter Expert on Static Equipment;
- Ensure Yara Technical Operating Procedure compliance and Industry Best Practice with regards to Static Equipment;
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis and publish reports relating to static equipment failures;
- Work closely with Inspection Engineers to implement findings of Risk Based Inspection Methodology on Static Equipment.
- Conduct training for Engineers and Technicians in Static Equipment Reliability and Maintenance;
- Assist SAP Specialist to optimise maintenance and spares data;
- Implementation of Capex Projects in a Project Management function
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience at petrochemical and/or Oil & Gas industries in a Senior Mechanical Engineering / Maintenance / Inspection capacity, preferably on brownfields.
- Professional Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia (MIAust)
- Demonstrated experience with API571, AS3788 and piping and welding ASME codes - either in an Inspection or maintenance engineering capacity.
- Exposure to a SAP for maintenance work management
- Sound teamwork, communication skills and a commitment to quality
This position is residential to Karratha, housing and relocation assistance is offered.