We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world, and our mission is to do so in a responsible and sustainable way. A newly established global unit called Digital Farming has been created within Yara to use digital solutions to help us achieve this goal, by building tools to help farmers use our products more efficiently and by creating business models that make our products more accessible. The success of Digital Farming and its solutions is a key priority in Yara, and we plan to significantly grow our global business presence in this field. In this context, we are looking for forward leaning and enthusiastic leaders to help us build our team.
The digital journey that lies ahead of Yara will not only bring significant benefits for farmers and the agricultural value chain, but also scale up the relevance of digital business models and value creation from these digital solutions. As we commercialize our digital services, and build solutions involving our physical products and digital solutions together, new revenue streams and new ways of measuring and tracking value will need to be managed to secure the financial success of our digital ambitions. To complement our team and enrich our expertise in financial and value management of digital businesses, we are looking for a Senior Manager - Value Management & Digital Business Steering to join our team. The role reports to the SVP Digital Farming, with key interfaces to all Yara’s core business units and financial function and various stakeholders across the company.
The expectation is to act in the spirit of a CFO for the digital businesses in Digital Farming, including (but not limited to);
- Definition and monitoring of digital, often innovative revenue models
- Establishing a value management system that includes external revenue and internal value creation of digital solutions
- Supporting pricing decisions and trade-offs between different sources of value creation for Yara
- Steering analytics to support decision making in the commercial part of Digital Farming
- Performance Management, including profitability analysis, KPI definition and follow up
- Value and cost-benefit analysis of investments, strategic partnerships, and potential acquisitions (including financial DD jointly with finance functions)
- Supporting from a financial aspects of e-commerce; cash and order management, payment solutions and interface to “backbone” systems (SAP etc.),
- Interface to Yara expert organization (YCN Controlling and BI team (e.g., performance reporting)
- You have a relevant higher educational background, preferably in Finance / Business Administration
- You have extensive experience from value and financial management of digital businesses and business models, along with a strong business mindset and a holistic view on value generation and efficient operations
- You are proficient in English. Mastery of additional languages would be an advantage
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.